This workshop aims at providing a discussion forum for approaches and challenges that are making use of web data resources and technologies, especially Social Networks, Semantic Web and Linked Data, for science, teaching, learning and education. The SOLISE 2013 workshop angles for papers about how Social Networks,Lnked Data and Semantic Web can contribute to analyse and adopt data generated by learning enviroments and education and science communities, to improve personalization, usability and analytics of such content for educational and research purposes in every day work. We are looking for preliminary results, position, and research papers. Researchers, experts, enthusiasts, and especially PhD students are welcome and encouraged to submit their contributions.
This is a one day event where instead of classical paper presentations an interactive discussion session with workshop character will be organised. During the session all of the participant will have the chance to share, discuss and exhchange the opnions and experiences regarding their own and the work of other workshop participants.
- Linked Data sets for science and education
- Using the Web of Data for personalisation and context-awareness in E-Learning and Research 2.0
- Usability advanced user interfaces in learning environments and science based upon Linked Data
- Exposing learning objects to the Web of Data
- Semantic & syntactic mappings between educational and scientific metadata schemas
- Controlled vocabularies, ontologies and terminologies for E-Learning and Research 2.0
- Personal & mobile learning environments designs with Semantic Web technologies
- Social Networks, Semantic Web and Linked data in learning analytics and educational data mining
- Profiling users using Linked Data and Social Networks for E-Learning and Research 2.0
- Search and Querying educational and scientific data using Semantic Web technologies and Linked Data
- Recommender for education systems and scientific comuninities
- Clustering of users using Social Media, Linked Data and Semantic Web for education and science
- Linked data services for education and science
Paper Submission: February 20, 2013
Authors Notification: March 1, 2013
Final Paper Submission and Registration: March 6, 2013
Prospective authors are invited to submit papers in any of the topics listed above.
Instructions for preparing the manuscript (in Word and Latex formats) are available at: Paper Templates
Please also check the Guidelines and Templates (http://www.csedu.org/GuidelinesTemplates.aspx).
Papers should be submitted electronically via the web-based submission system at: http://www.insticc.org/Primoris
All accepted papers will be published in the workshop proceedings book, under an ISBN reference and on CD-ROM support.
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SciTePress Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/).
SciTePress is member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/).
CSEDU Workshops - SOLISE 2013