Storyboard, a multilingual journal with a focus on Pacific writing, is accepting submissions for Issue 13 until 15 December 2012. Storyboard publishes quality poetry, fiction, and non-fiction written in English or any other Pacific language (with translations into English), as well as visual art. We welcome submissions from published and unpublished writers in or from the region, or writings about the region. We particularly wish to encourage writers and artists from Micronesia.
- Poetry: Submit up to 5 poems, a maximum of 10 pages.
- Prose: Submit up to 3 prose entries with a maximum of 2,500 words each, double-spaced. Longer works may be considered for special issues; please query first.
- Artwork: Submit up to 5 pieces of visual art.
- Authors of works in Pacific languages should provide at least rough translations into English for initial evaluation. The journal is willing to arrange help with translations.
- Include your name, address, phone number, email address, and the title of the work on a cover sheet. The author's name should not appear anywhere on the work.
- Include a short biography of 150 words or less.
- Please advise us if you are submitting the same work(s) to other publications, and let us know if the work is accepted by another publication. Storyboard publishes only previously unpublished work submitted by the original author or artist.
- Works accepted for publication will appear in a print edition of Storyboard, will be archived online at Storyboard's website, and may appear in Storyboard reprints or anthologies.
- Storyboard prefers to receive submissions by email, but accepts submissions sent by regular mail.
Submissions via Email
- Send electronic submissions to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit poetry and prose as Microsoft Word documents.
- Submit artwork in jpg format.
Submissions via Regular Mail
- Send a copy, not the original; we cannot be responsible for loss of, or damage to, manuscripts or artwork.
- Submit prose as complete manuscripts, typewritten, double-spaced, on one side of plain white paper.
- Poetry should be single-spaced when other spatial considerations are not an issue.
- Submit photographs, scans, or copies of artwork. If possible, please also submit a CD or DVD with your artwork in jpg format.
- Send the submission with a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE), using either United States postage or international reply coupons, to this address:
Division of English & Applied Linguistics
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
University of Guam
Mangilao, GU 96923, USA
Deadline: 15 December 2012
If your submission is rejected it will be returned in the SASE, or you may instruct us to destroy the copy and notify you in the SASE.
Storyboard is published by the Division of English and Applied Linguistics in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences of the University of Guam. The purpose of Storyboard is to foster and promote literary activity on Guam and throughout the Western Pacific.
Contact Email: email@example.com