DHSS 2013- CALL FOR PAPERS AND JOURNAL OPPORTUNITIES
The International Conference on Defense and Homeland Security Simulation Workshop (DHSS 2013)
September, 23-25 2013
Athens, Greece, in cooperation with the I3M 2013 MultiConference.
Extended Abstracts, April 15th 2013
Acceptance Notification, May 15th 2013
Camera Ready Papers, June 15th 2013
The best papers will be selected for publication on the following journal special issues:
- International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling, Special issue on: “Cutting-edge Methodologies, Applications and Technologies in M&S”
- International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling, Special issue on: “Modeling and Applied Simulation: Multi-perspective and Multidisciplinary approaches”
- International Journal of Privacy and Health Information Management, Special issue on: “Modeling & Simulation Advances in Healthcare Information Management, Decision Making and Education”
The DHSS proceedings will be submitted to Thomson ISI indexing.
DHSS 2013 is a workshop focusing on the advances and potential of using M&S within this frame work will bring experts together for the purpose of presenting and discussing all type of innovation related to the use of Modeling & Simulation in Defense and Homeland Security applications. DHSS will focus on new concepts, methods, techniques and tools for advancing in modeling & simulation sector. The International Program Committee will accept two types of camera-ready papers: extended paper (10 pages, 2 columns); regular paper (6 pages, 2 columns). Please refer to the on line authors instruction section.
Asymmetric Warfare, Augmented & Mixed Reality, Computer Generated Forces, Dismounted Soldier Simulation, Distributed Simulation, Hardware in the Loop Simulation, Human Behavior Modeling, Intelligent Agents, Interoperable Simulation, Live, Virtual and Constructive Simulation, Mobile Training, Modelling C4I, Multi-Resolution Modeling, Netcentric Warfare Simulation, Real Time Simulation, Serious Games, Simulation Based Acquisition, Simulation for Training, Simulation for Education, Synthetic Environments, Virtual Humans, Virtual Prototyping and Simulation Based Design.
Current list of Tracks
- Context Simulation for DHS/HLS - "What is needed to support first responders"
- Ports and Littoral Protection
- Serious Games: toward effective training
- Urban Area Security
- Adaptive and predictive computer-based tutoring
- Next generation C4ISR Modeling & Simulation technology: Mixed Reality, Crowd sourcing and Interoperable C2-LVC architectures to support operations, training, and analysis
- Simulations as tools to develop intuitive contextual sensitivity, re-framing, and mental agility
- Homeland security: a control system point of view
Detailed topics description and current list of tracks/workshops available at http://www.msc-les.org/conf/dhss2013/index_file/DHSS_Tracks.htm
The online submission system is available at http://www.caltekserv.eu/submission/dhss2013/
The registration procedure is available at http://www.caltekserv.eu/shopping/i3m/registrations/products.php
Contact and Information
For further information please contact Alberto Tremori (email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you in Athens, Greece
DHSS 2013 Organization Committee