Expressions of Interest: Fully-funded Special Issue of the Journal of New Zealand Literature (JNZL)
The Journal of New Zealand Literature (JNZL) is calling for expressions of interest in a fully-funded Special Issue for 2013.
* Proposals must align with JNZL's mandate to publish new peer-reviewed scholarly work on New Zealand literature and cultural studies.
* Proposals need the majority support of JNZL's International Advisory Board.
* The proposer/s will take responsibility for organising any related conference/symposium and for issuing relevant calls for papers.
* The proposer/s will take responsibility for assuring the peer-reviewed quality of the issue, and would be expected to involve the JNZL International Advisory Board in this process. Each submission requires at least two peer reports: at least one from an appropriate peer reviewer in the field, and at least one from a member of the JNZL International Advisory Board.
* Special Issues must appear within one calendar year of a linked conference/symposium, and during the calendar year specified in the proposal.
* Once the content of a special issue has been peer reviewed and confirmed, the whole issue will be reviewed by a member of the JNZL International Advisory Board. This is with a view to assuring overall consistency and quality, and is especially important where guest editor/s are themselves making a contribution to the issue.
* Special Issues of JNZL come at no extra cost to subscribers. The 2013 Special Issue will be fully-funded by JNZL's annual revenue-sharing contribution from JSTOR.
* Fully-funded special issues are competitive and advertised internationally.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 1 SEPTEMBER 2012.
Please address all inquiries and submissions to