10th International Scientific Conference THE GREAT POWERS INFLUENCE ON THE SECURITY OF SMALL STATES (FBS10)
Organization: Faculty of security
10th International Scientific Conference of the Faculty of security – Skopje on the following topic "
THE GREAT POWERS INFLUENCE ON THE SECURITY OF SMALL STATES" which will take place in Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia, 23-25.06.2019.
Faculty of security – Skopje and Hanns Seidel foundation announces the call for papers which are to be presented at the Conference.
The topics are the following:
Geostrategic interests and political influences
- Geopolitical conflict of concepts, interests and ideologies in the region: Euro- Atlantic vs. Euro- Asian integration;
- Russian influence in the Balkans- destabilizing threat or factor for economic growth;
- Turkish foreign and security policy in the Balkans;
- One belt One road- China between economic promotion and democratic obstacle ;
- The role of USA in the Balkans in the era of President Tramp;
- German strategic interests in the region;
New security challenges and asymmetric threats
- Radicalism and the Balkans;
- Security between strategies and red lines in the Balkans;
- The role of non-state actors in the security of Southeast Europe;
- Hybrid threats as new challenges for security;
Global movements and changing policies
- Migration, human rights, political and security risks for small states;
- The role of the rule of law in the balance between justice and security in international relations;
- Contemporary forms of crime as a global threat;
- Capacity strengthening of small states and the capacity for fighting corruption and organized crime;
The goal of the Conference is to gather valid results and scientifically verified findings that enable implementation of rational and acceptable solution in the reforms of the security system.
Call for Contributions
All authors are kindly encouraged to contribute to and help us shape the Conference by submitting their scientific, review and professional papers based on original and unpublished work.
Looking forward to seeing you in Ohrid!
For more information about the Conference, please follow the links below: