Portals: A Journal of Comparative Literature
The Comparative Literature Student Association (CLSA) at San Francisco State University is accepting submissions for the Spring 2019 edition of the literary journal Portals.
In addition to papers looking across linguistic borders, we invite submissions from those engaging critically with literary topics from an interdisciplinary or comparative perspective. This includes:
- Papers comparing at least two authors or texts (print/media)
- Interdisciplinary research within the arts (philosophy, cinema studies, etc.) and sciences
- Papers engaging with literary theory and criticism (gender studies and queer theory, animal studies, psychoanalysis, etc.)
- Essays should be in MLA style, 12-point font, and no longer than 25 pages.
- Citations should include the original language and an English translation.
- Authors may submit up to 3 pieces of critical or comparative fiction.
- Authors should be currently enrolled undergraduate students, graduate students, or doctoral candidates.
- Include a 250-word abstract and a cover sheet with contact information, including school affiliation and current academic standing. Your name should not be featured outside the cover sheet; this is a blind selection process.
- Submissions not in English will be considered, though translations will be prioritized.
Paper Deadline February 25th, 2019
Please email submissions to email@example.com