Organization: IGI Global
Call for Chapters: Impacts of Climate Change on Agriculture, Aquaculture, and Fisheries
- Prof. Ahmed Karmaoui, President, Southern Center for Culture & Sciences (SCCS), Morocco
- Prof. Kirby Barrick, Emeritus Professor, Agricultural Education and Communication, University of Florida, USA
- Prof. Michael Reed, Professor, Agricultural Economics, Director, International Programs for Agriculture, University of Kentucky, USA
- Prof. Mirza Barjees Baig, Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Society, College of Food and Agriculture Sciences,
King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,
Call for Chapters
Proposals Submission Deadline: September 1, 2019
Full Chapters Due: November 14, 2019
Submission Date: February 22, 2020
Climate change is expected to influence several productive sectors, but especially agriculture. This important sector contributes a large part of the global economy and includes crops, livestock, and seafood. ,
Agriculture, aquaculture, and fisheries are closely linked to the climate. Changes in climatic conditions can affect animal and plant productivity, which in turn influence human well-being. The proposed book will provide an integrated assessment of climate change impacts on agriculture, aquaculture, and fisheries and will explore a set of strategies to secure sustainable food security. It will synthesize information from the scientific literature on theory, models, and decision support tools.
The proposed book is organized around the following fundamental points:
• The evolution of agriculture, aquaculture, and fisheries in a context of climate change
• The origin, causes, and consequences of this evolution and the impact on human well-being
• Solutions for making the agriculture and food system more sustainable.
• Highlight the associations between climate change, food security, and socio-economic development. • Establish an inventory of good agricultural practices for the adaptation to climate change. • Make a useful reference document for the development of recommendations for sustainable management of soil, water, and energy.
Students, researchers, policymakers, and practitioners
• Climate change, agriculture, aquaculture, and fisheries
• Food security
• Water-food-energy nexus
• Climate change, ecosystem services and poverty
• Climate-smart agriculture techniques
• Carbon sequestration in vegetation and soil
• Agriculture expansion and the development of good agricultural practices
• Agricultural productivity
• Sustainable agriculture and food production systems
• Environmental and sustainability constraints,
• Sustainable ecosystem management,
• Water management for agricultural use
• Food processing and agricultural markets
• Adaptation to climate change and drought
• Fight against desertification
• Genetic resources for food and agriculture
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before Sept 1, 2019, a chapter proposal of 1,000 to 2,000 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter. Authors will be notified by Sept 15, 2019 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by Nov 14, 2019, and all interested authors must consult the guidelines for manuscript submissions at http://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/ prior to submission. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication, Trust in Knowledge Management and Systems in Organizations. All manuscripts are accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
All proposals should be submitted through the eEditorial Discovery®TM online submission manager.
This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the "Information Science Reference" (formerly Idea Group Reference), "Medical Information Science Reference," "Business Science Reference," and "Engineering Science Reference" imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com. This publication is anticipated to be released in 2020.
• Proposal submission deadline: Sep 1, 2019
• Full Chapter Submission: Nov 14, 2019
• Review results due to authors: Dec 28, 2019