Organization: Sunderland creative Press - University of Sunderland
Call For Submissions – Creative Collection - Fears and Phobias – Sunderland Creative Press (University of Sunderland)
Tip-tap on your window, a nightmare comes to taunt you. It starts slowly, softly, building intensity through the dead of night. A thunderbolt of fright strikes through you; you tremble under the covers alone in the dark with creatures of the night, the perpetrators of your restless, anxiety-ridden slumber. Are you brave enough to explore fear a little closer? If you are, then we want to hear about which monsters lurk in your closet, and even the ones that hide under your bed and inside your head.
Sunderland Creative Press (University of Sunderland) are now accepting submissions for a new creative publication on the fears and phobias that haunt your days and fill your nights with terror. They could be psychological horrors, a dreaded phobia, environmental fears, or supernatural shocks, the choice is yours. Embrace your fears, then tell us about them here at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stories should be written to a reasonably good standard upon submission. We are looking for strong characters, emotional investment, and reasonable plot development within the word count allowed. Any submissions should be sent to email@example.com by the December 13th, 2022.
• No more than 3,000 words of prose or 50 lines of poetry.
• Submissions do not need to be a specific genre; we are happy to consider stories from all areas.
• Submissions should be formatted as a word document.
• Submissions should be double-spaced, use a neutral font style, and font size of eleven.
• Please include your full name, email address, your piece’s title, the date of submission, and a short bio (100 words) via a short cover letter.
• All work must be original and not have been used previously in another collection.
• Contributors must be aged over 18 years of age.
If accepted, you are giving Sunderland Creative Press (University of Sunderland):
• The right to publish and republish the story in or in connection with Sunderland Creative Press (University of Sunderland), including electronic or hard copy form, including in promotional material or compilations provided that authorial credit is given in every instance of reproduction.
• The right to include your work in an anthology or collection which may retail through Amazon.com or similar outlets.
• After your story appears in the publication, you are free to republish your piece elsewhere, as long as you communicate to potential buyers that they are buying your story as a non-exclusive piece.
• We do not offer monetary compensation. We may publish your work online as well as communicate your story online or in print form. We will give your work credit when promoting it using your name, your website if you have one, and your short bio.
And remember, this is not for the faint of heart …